Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Graveyard Book

Whoo hoo! Got Neal Gaiman's The Graveyard Book from the library, and I cain't hardly wait to read it.

Ok, that last bit, that was Sussex County coming out. For some reason, I find my Sussex County roots coming out in what I say these days. For so many years, I tried to eradicate it.

Interesting thing about that part of the Eastern Shore--they have a lot of ghost stories. I need to look them up.

One tends to think of the Devil appearing in New England but not so much in other parts of the country. I suppose it's prejudiced to say this, but one would think he'd be most comfortable in the South, wouldn't one? Not me, personally, of course. Of course! But people in general. Could think that. Within reason.

Just occurred to me that Seattle and the Pacific Northwest would be a reasonable place for a demon to show up. The sort of nonpowerful, bureaucratic, behind-the-scenes demon. Have to give this some thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment